Monday, October 3, 2011

Crate & Door Manners

We worked on 3 skills today.
1) Crate-Today I added distance to her "you must sit and wait for the release to leave." Previously I worked on duration standing directly in front of her crate. Very successful with multiple repetitions over 2 sessions. (I need to collect data, I really do.) She left early on two trials, I body blocked and she returned to her crate. That in itself is a big improvement!
2) Doorways-walking through with my back to her. I have previously walked backwards or sideways to exit a doorway, so I can keep my eye on her. We practice this on 2 inside doorways and 1 outside doorway. 
3) Doorways-reorienting after exiting the doorway. She has a tendency to be a freight train when released from a stationary position. I like enthusiasm, but there are some times it's just nice to have a controlled behavior chain. I cued sit as soon as she exited the doorway. She sat promptly on all 4 trials tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment