Thursday, October 13, 2011

Training Thursday

One of my great friends and an admirer of Stryker does Training Tuesday with her dog, rather than directly copy her, we're going to do Training Thursday!

Stryker played with one of my bosses young labs today. I did the meet and greet just how SaraB showed me; distract her and present the other dog without Stryker being able to see ahead of time. Crow and Stryker circled each other for a while, sniffing and leaping around then they settled down to business racing around the yard! Crow was quite a bit better at taking sharp corners at a high speed than Stryker and I heard some frustrated whining from coming from the black and tan one when she just wasn't fast enough to keep up! I continue to be so pleased with her play style and social skills if she isn't given time to think about the situation.

There was some actual training tonight... just no new pictures or videos!

Fetch. 
Tonight was her third session with a shaped retrieve. The set up is a hallway, reinforcer is kibbles (dinner), and I got multiple correct reps! The only criteria right now are 1) pick the ball up, and 2) keep bringing it to me until I click. The next step will be to change the toy (we're using a fabulous Planet Dog mint-scented/flavored ball) and continue to build the "deliver to hand" component.

I introduced coming to heel position without the pedestal and we continued to work on pivoting/heel position with attention on the pedestal.

No comments:

Post a Comment